#A Lot of Singing,#Shouting,#Tongue Talking,#Playing

Music was one of the things that drew me to want to go to Church when I was not saved.   I use to love to hear and 'feel' the spirit of the songs.  Back then, the singers would sing unto the Lord.  They were not paid to sing.  They were not seeking recording contracts.  They would sing unto the Lord.  The would sing about the Lord.  So, when one went to hear the singers, your soul got touched whether you wanted it to or not.

I can remember going to the Holiness Churches.  The praise was different too.  When the Saints praised God back then, it was real.  When the Saints did dance 'in the Spirit', it was real.  You could feel it.  There was always this 'presence' in the Holiness Church that I could not explain....then.  But that presence kind of held you captive, whether you wanted it o or not.  And, sometimes Church would go on for hours, but no one cared.  And, if one of the Saints said something to you that the Lord gave them for you, you knew it and felt it!  They did not pretend or play to hear from the Lord back then.  Also, there were not a lot of Preachers, Apostles, Evangelist, Teachers or Pastors back then either.  Being in ministry was not a 'sought after position'.  Back then it was a called out position.  And the power of the Holy Ghost moved, back then.

But, what has happened?  Yes, there is still a lot of singing and shouting.  But, most of it is not real.  Most of it is not 'the Holy Ghost moving'.  Most of it today is show and foolishness.  How can I say this?

  • where are the signs following?
  • where is the deliverance from sin?
  • where is the love?
  • why are the children turning their backs on the Lord?
  • where is the fasting?  Praying?  Until God moves?
  • Why is jealously so rampant?
  • Why is sin so rampant?
  • why are 'church attending' families breaking up?
  • why is the divorce rate so high in 'church attending families?
  • why are there so many out of wed lock pregnancies?
  • when did it become o.k. for women to wear pants, especially to Church (back in the day you would not have seen that).
  • why do musicians demand to be paid or they will not play?
  • why do singers want contracts before the will come and sing? 
Being told the truth is a good thing.  Being corrected is good.  Correction does not offend me.  It makes me.  Playing Church offends me.  Playing with praise and worship offends me.  Lying on the Holy Ghost offends me.  Stop playing.

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold not hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.  So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."  Revelations 3:15,16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Call Jesus,#Cry out,#Jesus, Deliverer

#Not Wise,#What if,Church Attendance,#Unwise