#Don't Follow the Preacher!!,#Jesus,#Truth

Many times in conversation about Church, you may hear someone speak of how good their Pastor is.  How they will follow them to the end.  How there is no one like their Pastor.

Search the Word of God.  Where in the Word does it teach to follow the Pastor?

Several scriptures reference following Jesus (Matthew 4:25, Matthew 8:23, Mark 1:18) just to name a few.  Jesus said in John 10:27 "my sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

In I Corinthians 4:16 the Apostle Paul said, "wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me."  What he was saying is clarified in verse 15, "for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel."  Then he goes on to say, 'wherefore, I beseech you, be ye followers of me."  He was telling the people to follow the gospel he was preaching/teaching.  In I Corinthians 11:1 the Apostle Paul says, "Be ye followers of me, even as I am also of Christ."  What is the word saying?  Follow Christ.  In other words, 'follow me as I follow Christ.'  When what a preacher actions and teachings do not fall in line with the Bible, he or she is in error.

In Philippians 3:17 the Apostle says, "brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample."  What is he saying?  Follow the gospel.  Follow me as I follow Christ.  Follow Jesus.

The same resonates in I Thessalonians 1:5-7.  And, also in II Thessalonians 3:7-11.

Hebrews 6:12 says, "That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises."  Follow Jesus.

There is a song that says, 'follow Jesus, take no chance at getting lost.  Follow Jesus.  There will be desert you'll have to cross.  Follow Jesus.  He has a safe mountain plan.  And, if Jesus can't take you to the top, there's nobody else that can.  Don't you worry if you can not see.  Learn to trust in Him and follow His lead.  Don't you worry if its day or night.  He is brighter than the brightest light.  And if Jesus can't take you to the top.  There's nobody else that can."

The word of God teaches the believer to follow Jesus.  Follow His example.  Follow His lead.  The word of God teaches not to put your confidence in man (Psalms 118:8 - it is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man).

Follow the teachings of Jesus, the Bible.  Do not follow man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Call Jesus,#Cry out,#Jesus, Deliverer

#A Lot of Singing,#Shouting,#Tongue Talking,#Playing

#Bible,#Word of God,#Leave It Alone